Surfpack is an RSS reader that shows all content as a normal Web page inside Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera. The program comes equipped with 2000 RSS feeds grouped in World News, Sports, Home, Computers, High Tech and other categories. You can also use Surfpack web plug-ins to access your Hot Favorites groups, more than 100 popular and specialized search engines, your latest downloaded files, Check Later Links and auto-generated lists of the Most Popular and Regularly Visited Sites right from your home page. Surfpack automatically restores long URLs broken by e-mail clients and keeps your startpage URL from being hijacked by Trojans and spyware.
Feeds display options include a user-friendly newspaper-like format, news headlines with a short description displayed in the cursor hint and also full news texts. Since Surfpack resides locally on your computer (unlike many other web pages) it loads instantly, even if you don't have an Internet connection established and frees you from logins, corporate-sponsored content, and ads.
» version 2.0.135 - posted on 2005-08-09
new major update
EULA - End User License Agreement
Copyright (C) 2003-2005 Surfpack.com.
All Rights Reserved
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SURFPACK PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USER'S USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Surfpack.com grants you a license to use the trial version of the Surfpack software program (the "SOFTWARE") on any computer as long as the terms of this license agreement are respected. "You" means the company, entity, or individual installing or using the SOFTWARE. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing, or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassembly the SOFTWARE.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Surfpack.com. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE.
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Surfpack.com and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. UNAUTHORIZED USE. You may not use, copy, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the SOFTWARE except as provided in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license.
5. DISTRIBUTION. You are licensed to make as many copies of the freeware package of the SOFTWARE as you wish; give exact copies of the original package of the SOFTWARE to anyone; and distribute the package of the SOFTWARE in its unmodified form via electronic means (Internet, BBS's, Shareware distribution libraries, CD-ROMs, etc.).
All distribution of SOFTWARE is further restricted with regard to sources which also distribute virus source code and related virus construction/creation materials. The SOFTWARE may not be made available on any site, CD-ROM, or with any package which makes available or contains viruses, virus source code, virus construction programs, or virus creation material.
Permission to distribute the SOFTWARE is not transferable, assignable, salable. Each entity wishing to distribute the package must independently satisfy the terms of the distribution license.
6. LIMITED WARRANTY. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. Surfpack.com DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THIS SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER Surfpack.com NOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THIS SOFTWARE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH SOFTWARE, EVEN IF Surfpack.com HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIMS. THE PERSON USING THE SOFTWARE BEARS ALL RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY IS BY LAW INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION OR RESTRICTION.
7. SEVER ABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
8. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL Surfpack.com OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF Surfpack.com HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL Surfpack.com'S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and Surfpack.com, which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.
10. RESERVED RIGHTS. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved to Surfpack.com.